Sunday, August 16, 2009

ST. THOMAS
May 8, 2009
After Gray's soccer final, we drove him home and headed to the airport for our red eye to JFK then a short morning flight to St. Thomas!
We got there just after noon and could not wait to lay by the pool and bask in the relaxing warmth...I was giddy!
Our hotel was built up on a cliff, but had beach access below. We walked along the boardwalk to an amazing dinner at Havannah Blue.
Good Morning, look at those sleepy faces! This is the view off our balcony, it was fun watching the cruise ships come into port for the day.
Yummy breakfast, you got to love vacation eating!
After a day at the beach....we look so happy....and we were!
These iguanas were everywhere! They were so cool looking just warming themselves on the rocks! This one was about 4 feet long!
On a walk in town Hans tried to get as close as he could to this pelican and it took off right as I snapped a picture.
Out on the balcony at night, you can kind of see the city lights in the background, it was so beautiful and perfect temperature!
This is not a postcard picture, Hans took this...too good to be true!
On our last full day, we took the boat to St. John and rented a Jeep. We snorkeled, hiked and enjoyed the day. This is the most beautiful beach I have ever been to. The water was crystal clear, the sand was white and so fine that I was finding it at home even after I washed everything! We fell asleep on our towels and loved how relaxed we were in this incredible part of the world!
My favorite view!

No comments: